Terms & Conditions
- On receipt of written confirmation of your order we will commence work.
- All orders should state the address for invoices and, where required, the order number and address to which the invoice is to be copied.
- All invoices are to be paid within 30 days of the issue date. An interest charge of 2% per month calculated daily will be levied on any overdue payments.
- Where an agent signs on behalf of a client they must have brought the terms and conditions of this agreement to the client’s attention before signing.
- E-mail plans submission.
Email submissions of plans are accepted free of further charge where agreed at quotation stage. Additional charges may be levied where the requirement for email submission of plans is not indecated at the quotation stage.
- An invoice for the Plan Fee will be issued on submission of the Initial Notice.
- Where the total fee is £500.00 plus VAT or less and includes for both the Plan and Site Inspection Fee, the Invoice will be issued on submission of the Initial Notice and payment is due within 30 days. Site Inspections will be made but no additional fees charged. There will be no rebate should the project not proceed.
- The applicable plan fee and site inspection fee will be identified on the fee quote, except where the total fee is £500.00 plus VAT. See 9. below.
- For projects where the total fee is over £500 invoices for the Site Inspection Fee:
i. will be issued on commencement of work for the total amount where the fee is £2,000.00 or less excluding VAT.
ii. Where the fee is in excess of £2,000.00 excluding VAT, invoices will be issued in installments as agreed, but not less than £1,000.00, excluding VAT. The final installment will be issued at least 30 days prior to completion of ‘building work’*.
- All fees to be paid in full prior to a Final Certificate being issued.
- Where the design of a scheme changes significantly, Assent may charge additional reasonable fees commensurate with additional work required of them by the changes.
- Initial Notices should be submitted a minimum of 5 days before substantial commencement of work. Where work commences within 5 days the Local Authority may reject the Initial Notice, assume the role of Building Control provider for the proposal, charge additional fees and require any work done to be opened up. Assent will charge a reasonable fee for the time spent on abortive work in these circumstances subject to a minimum of £100 plus Vat administration fee. No responsibility can be taken by Assent for any costs arising out of work which commences prior to acceptance of the Initial Notice.
- These Terms of Business cannot be varied unless agreed in writing by a Director.
- Fee Scales, Orders, Invoicing and method of working will be as stated in each Term Commission contract.
* ‘building work’ as defined by Regulation 3(1) of the Building Regulations 2000.