Our company values underpin all that we do at Assent Building Control and are fundamental to the way we work.
Being a Thought Leader means we always think ahead.
• I am someone who uses initiative.
• I am positive and seek to inspire others.
• I am continuously improving my knowledge.
To be an Expert Team we need always look out for others.
• I am supportive and patient.
• I am someone who offers guidance.
• I am a team player who communicates well.
As Collaborative Partners we should always go the extra mile.
• I am solution focused.
• I am committed and accountable.
• I am someone who exceeds expectation
The purpose of the role is to provide support to the surveyor network, with a key
focus being to support the development and growth of trainee’s, in addition to
supporting the wider surveyor team, ensuring activities are undertaken to
support with workload, so that surveyors can prioritise their time to grow the
- Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Trainee approvals, plan checks & inspection notes. Feedback to facilitate
• Evaluation of plans, drawings, and specifications to provide advice to
achieve compliance of current building regulations.
• Liaise and support the training academy, to support trainee development.
• Provide additional support to the wider surveyor team, as and when
requested by the management team, to support with maintaining
workload capacity of surveyors
- • Support with the mentoring of trainee’s .
• Point of contact for trainee’s, to support with decision- making.
• Supports the network to develop a culture, whereby the appropriate
channels are used, to ensure effective decision- making when undertaking
• Provides support to the surveying team, to ensure the delivery of any
personal development initiatives, within the agreed timescales.
• Support the Academy, to make informed decisions, specifically relating to
surveyor competency levels.
• Support trainee’s with their readiness levels prior to any internal
Head of Training
Head of Operations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required
Either Professional qualification membership Royal Institute of Chartered
Surveyors / MCABE / MRICS or equivalent) or can evidence competency
levels for sub classes of construction and that they are working towards a
• Fire safety
• A knowledge of the construction design process and RIBA Stages of work.
• Codes of conduct and performance standards.
• Knowledge of customer care and the principles of equal opportunities in
providing a Building Control function.
• Comprehensive breath of experience of different types of buildings and
• Ability to understand and interpret building regulations, construction
processes, legislation and requirements.
• The ability to explain complex issues and legal requirements in simple
• The confidence to provide advice and guidance.
• Communication skills, both written and oral.
• Relationship-building skills.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• IT skills Negotiation skills.
• Time management and organisational skills.
• The ability to pay attention to detail but also to see the bigger picture.