“The Cost of a Clerk of Works per annum is cheaper than a day in court!”
Tony Bingham Arbitrator, Adjudicator, Mediator and Barrister
Assent Clerk of Works
Assent Golden Thread of Inspections Beyond Building Control Requirements
The quality of housing is central to people’s physical and mental health. Public services – such as medical centres, hospitals, schools and universities – are vital to our quality of life.
At Assent we are more than just a building control provider, we strive to improve quality in construction. Our Clerk of Work service carry out quality assurance site inspections on a wide variety projects from new-build, refurbishments to multi million pound regeneration schemes, commercial properties and educational premises.
Assents’ Clerk of Works inspection service has been active for over 4 years using an ISO accredited document control system in partnership with our client’s requirements to offer a unique, tailored quality assurance system. Our service goes beyond checking compliance with building control and extends to ‘real time’ quality monitoring from conception to completion.
From technical reviews of drawings and specifications, to site quality control and witnessing tests to verify works, our system and ‘real time’ processes provide a golden thread of information for building owners.
Our team of professionally qualified building control surveyors and well-respected members of the Institute of Clerk of Works work as part of your team building successful partnerships by:
- Checking that works on-site meet client technical standards and/or funding requirements as well as liaise with building control.
- We can work with the design team to carry out comprehensive drawing and specification reviews to avoid conflicts in design
- Developing our unique quality control and inspection systems to support each project.
- Continually monitoring quality and progress on the site through regular site visits and by providing regular site inspection reports. This enables us to advise on all aspects of the works in progress and promptly bring any concerns to our client’s attention
- Undertaking snagging and re-inspections prior to completion, ensuring a quality product is produced
- Process can support warranty requirements and gives additional assurance with building control matters.
- Witnessing tests to verify that the works meet specified requirements
- Pre-completion snagging and quality inspections where a full Clerk of Works role is not required
Service Contact Details:
Maria Caulfield / Ben Bushell (Northern office) 0161 236 7158 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jon Kemery (Southern office) 07771 166 282 e-mail: email@example.com / RichardWilliams@assentbc.co.uk